Terms of Service
Use of J* is available to anyone 16 or older.
You are expected to be good, polite citizens of the community. J* tries to encourage civil discourse and honest disclosure about who you are.
But we do ask you to abide by a few rules:
- Use your real name.
- Do not use the system to send SPAM - even to your friends. SPAM is any email advertising a product, service or event where the recipient did not explicitly ask to be put on the mailing list. Anyone caught repeatedly abusing J* to send SPAM will be banned from using the system.
- Do not post your phone # or other personal information such as your address in your profile or in any publicly viewable area of the site. You can, of course, give personal information to someone in a message. But remember that if you give out your phone # you are usually giving someone a method to find your home address.
- Do not post personal information about any other member in your profile on in any publicly viewable area of the site.
- Do not create fake profiles or profiles for anyone other than yourself. And do not create profiles for a business or organization. J* is for people!
- Do not impersonate another person whether famous or otherwise.
- Do not engage in character assassination, slander or libel. Basically, if you can't be adult, you should go play in another sandbox.
- Do not use the system for illegal activities.
- Do not make homophobic or racists comments or engage in hate speech. Posting anything in a public area of the site that disrespects the viewpoints, sexual orientation/identity, religious beliefs or other personal views of other members, or are disruptive, threatening, or constitute hate speech against any individual or group will be deleted. Severe or repeated violations may result in the deletion of your account at our sole discretion.
- Accounts not accessed for more than a year may be deleted without notice.
- You will not create or use any program which is capable of logging into any account on J* nor any program which attempts to access the private information of any member - including your own.
- Do not wear white after Labor Day.
OK, so that's a lot of "do not"s, but we hope they're all reasonable ones. Just be polite and respectful of other members and that'll cover most of it.
A bit of legal stuff:
Use of J* is provided to members solely at our discretion. Membership can be terminated for any cause we deem reasonable. You understand that we do not incur any liability by doing so and that we have no obligation to provide you with access to any information about you that was on the site at the time of termination including, but not limited to, information from your profile, a list of your friends, your messages, or information about any parties to which you may have been invited through J*.